Monday, September 1, 2014

Playing on the Yggdrasil by Alex Mcgilvery

Patrick’s wife just died. Left with Justina, his young daughter, he tries to cope. When she is older she encounters a talking tree on her school grounds. Patrick doesn’t understand his daughter’s stories about the tree or about the magical world she visits when she goes into the tree. But her journey proves to be more perilous than expected and she is forced to return home to enlist her father’s help to win a war against evil.

My thoughts


Justine was cute little girl she tried her hardest and helped protect someone who wasn’t so nice. Patrick I felt was very sad but tried to cope for his daughter he believed in his daughter and helped her with her dreams. The ending was strange and I was a bit confused, at first I thought it was kind of a Christian book, but then it started talking about a goddess. It seemed to be one of those books where I kind of knew what was going to happen, but when it did I was still halfway expecting the twist that didn’t come. While it didn’t end the way I would have liked to see it end, I did enjoy the plot and the way the characters were built up throughout the story. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEi4kgQ2Zm9FBjelCEuN5AzijN62bv9yLdeHRE8KC3g_wfVNic0onWuT188HFgGgr8XnIlr7YWlptz40pARpUpYw1vAo6wROZJF8-NDfLTtEn_g83ChmRY_5Ty1qWwBGay4N0GAICBFuaLUfQTKBrHora5hFfb9JdJ3cguKr=s0-d-e1-ft

No comments:

Post a Comment