Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Lady Astronomer by Katy O'Dowd

The Lady Astronomer  is a story that follows the life of Lucretia as she moves and helps her brother complete a mission given to him by the King to build a forty foot telescope. Lucretia is then invited to the castle to teach Astronomy to the kids children only too get thrown in jail for something she didn’t do.

My favorite character in this book is Al (Lucretia’s brother) I loved hearing about his inventions and liked how he would do anything to help his sister (including insulting the king). Special note: It is not good to insult the King!

My other favorite character is Princess 12 or Kitty, she went out on a limb and helped save Lucretia's life! Even if Kitty is a little girl she is sweet, funny and feisty. She reminds me of me when I was younger.

I will definitely be reading The Lady Astronomer again and hope that there are more adventures to come!

1 comment: