Tuesday, September 27, 2016

SPIRIT OF THE HIGHWAY- Deborah Swift

Ralph Chaplin has fallen for beautiful copper-haired Kate. There is only one problem - he is a Roundhead soldier, and she is a Royalist Lady.
It is 1651, and for the last ten years England has been ripped apart by a bitter civil war. Ralph and Kate are on opposing sides, but Ralph wants to build a new England, one of peace and plenty. He volunteers to fight at the Battle at Worcester, thinking it will finish the bloodshed for good.
But the Roundheads are not the heroes he imagined, and soon Ralph has made a deadly enemy; one who will pursue him to wreak vengeance.
Worse, Ralph's radical beliefs in freedom for all have made him just as many enemies at home, as he has on the battlefield. Ralph finds himself on the run, forced to eke a living as a highwayman.
And then his avenger arrives. The one who seeks to kill those he loves most.
Can Ralph save Kate? Book synopsis By Deborah Swift Book Author

 I hate writing mean reviews however when I come across a book that just doesn’t speak to me I want to be honest but also nice. All the reviews are in my opinion and while it does seem harsh at times I am sure that there is a certain type of audience for each type of book.
However  I’m afraid I’m not a part of the audience for Spirit of the Highway. Honestly, I lost interest within the first chapter. I tried to push through it but it didn’t seem to work for me. However, I am positive though that there will be people who enjoy this book. I encourage you to try it for yourself and see if you enjoy it. I want to thank the author for sending me this book in an exchange for an honest review.

Buy it from Amazon here!



No comments:

Post a Comment