Monday, June 29, 2015

IMPERVIOUS by Heather Letto

Impervious
is a book about a dystopian future where everything is a virtual. this story follows a rebel who fends for herself looking for a way out while falling in love This book is about a future where almost everything is virtual and how a rebel deals with losing her brother, surviving falling in love and trying to figure out where the exit to this trap that they are in. Fran is an interesting character although I did get confused at some points the plot was good, her thoughts were scattered but went together with the story unlike most books where the main character would get off topic and ruin some stuff this actually went with the plot. I definitely did not get bored and got into the story the moment I started it. While the ending to me seemed a bit wobbly it overall ended nicely and did not disappoint.
I would recommend this to ages 10 and up
I would say maybe a 4.9 only because I think the description and the story didn't match up till the end as I mentioned earlier I got confused on some parts but like I said this book was worth the read.
Impervious (The Ascension Series) (Volume 1)
Description
The residents of Impervious survived the War of Annihilation. And though the city is chock-full of pleasures to tantalize and entertain, a beast lurks in its corners. The Beast—a mysterious and terminal illness—has killed off most of Generations One, Two and Three. And as Gen-Four prepares to take the stage a provocative, yet questionable, new method to avoid an untimely death becomes a cultural rage. Fran is counter-cultural, living off the grid in true Rebel fashion. Her life is far from opulent as she scurries through dark tunnels, searching for hot meals and ditching the holographic security team. Yet, it’s a healthy trade-off. Unaccountability means the Council can’t steal her sliver of hope in the Epoch. She grasps painfully onto this splintered sliver, until a new hope is born. Through a miraculous discovery. Yet the Beast remains hot on her tail.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read. I love Dystopian novels. I might check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete